Achieving your Black Belt can be one of the most inspiring achievements you will accomplish once you have decided to take up martial arts training. It is a life changing experience that will provide you with the ongoing tools neccesary for a healthier and happy life.
From your very first class part of achieving a Black Belt is making the commitment to yourself that your health & fitness is a very important part of your daily routine and with persistance and a non quitting spirit you are making a life changing descision to develop the self discipline required to see your Black Belt goal all the way to the end !
Below is a guide of how you can achieve a Black Belt.
10 TIPS TO ACHIEVING YOUR BLACK BELT
1. COMMIT TO A TIME FRAME
- 5 years from white belt to black belt.
- What belt are you now? How long have you to go?
2. THINK ABOUT YOUR DAILY GOAL
- Practise – even 5 mins extra a day will do.
- Hang your belt where yiu will see it every day.
- Picture yourself achieving your black belt in the future every day.
3. SET YOUR ALARM ON YOUR PHONE 30 MINUTES BEFORE CLASS TO GET IN THE RIGHT MINDSET.
4. GO TO THE SAME CLASSES EVERY WEEK AND FORM A HABIT OF CONSISTENCY.
5. HAVE A TRAINING BUDDY
- We have found over many years, those who train with friends & family members are more likely to achieve their black belt.
- If you don’t have one, make one.
6. REMOVE TEMPTATION
- Don’t get settled in front of the t.v before your class.
- Try not to make arrangements with friends/family on your training nights.
7. HANG OUT WITH POSITIVE ROLE MODELS
- Come in early and stay late, the black belt is infectious.
8. WRITE DOWN YOUR BLACK BELT GOAL.
- My black belt date is________and I will be_____yrs old when I achieve this.
9. KNOW THE BENEFITS OF ACHIEVING A BLACK BELT
- If you don’t know, ask a black belt about it.
10. KNOW THE SIGNIFICANCE OF NOT HAVING A BLACK BELT
- If you don’t know, you will if you give up !!